We always have enough time but only if we use it right.
Twenty-four hours is a large period of time. It’s enough for us to go a step closer to our goal. If you waste so many time and still think that you don’t have enough time, then I’m giving you tips on how to stop being a lazy ass.
1. Don’t procrastinate; start early. Of course this is number one. If you can do it now, then do it. You don’t have to wait a day before the deadline before starting your project. Finishing early gives you more time to relax and revise your task. Come on, we all know this but its time to actually stop and do our work.
2. Prioritize. Complete the most important task first. Sit down, think about the major tasks that you will accomplish for today. Once you’ve finished the essential tasks for the day that’s the only time that you could move on to the minor ones, or you could do the minor ones tomorrow as a gift for yourself.
3. Learn to say no. Say no to someone who invites you to a party if you know that you need to do errands and school stuffs. (If you’re one of those who say no even though you have zero things to do, cheers to you.) But seriously, only commit yourself to events that you know you have time for and care about.
4. Manage your time in the Internet. Studying for an hour feels like an eternity but staying in tumblr for an hour is never enough. Plan how much time you’ll stay in the social networking site. Focus on what you should be doing and keep away from all the distractions. Download a website blocker if keeping away is hard for you. I suggest the SelfContol App.
5. Time blocking. I’m a fan of to-do lists but I find it more productive and easy to use time block. It’s overwhelming to look at your to-do list when it has so many things so it’s better to plan the specific task that you’ll do in the certain time. This will help you focus more. Do one step at a time. Remember to add in between cool off time to keep your brain from heating up. Breathe.
6. Be organized. Having a planner/calendar is really helpful. It’ll make you know what to prioritize and save your time from doing the unnecessary things. Plus, having a planner gives you almost no excuse for missing a school work/task.
It’s a shame that we think we spend so much time, thinking that we always have it. My last tip would be enjoy what you’re doing. What’s the point of wasting time to things that you don’t enjoy and learn from? I’m not telling you not to study because it’s hella boring, but my point is make it more fun and find what will interest you with whatever you do.
I hope this article helps you. xoxo, Sam